For more information, contact us via Contact . See for more the Dutch page Nieuws +Agenda.
Agenda, for information:
1 WORKSHOP on Sunday March 17, 2019: 'Opgroeien en ontwaken - boeddhisme en de integrale benadering’ (Eng: 'Growing up and Waking up - Buddhism and the integral approach'), Maitreya institute, Loenen (Gld.)
2 MEDITATIONDAY Saturday March 23, 2019: 'Hoe kunnen we meer rust en harmonie in onszelf en ons leven vinden? Een paar handvaten, vanuit een ruimer bewustzijn', (Eng: 'How to find more tranquillity and harmony in ourselves and our lives? A few approaches, viewing from more spacious awareness), Tara centrum, Eenigenburg (NH)
3 The new BOOK Opgroeien en Ontwaken, de integrale benadering – boeddhistische, psychologische en maatschappelijke invalshoeken (in Dutch; Growing up and waking up, the integral approach - Buddhist, psychological and societal views) by Adeline van Waning came out summer 2017 at Rheia Publishing. More information, and ordering can be done via de Publisher's website . And here you find more information on the MAPr site, with recommendations (Dutch). Growing up, Waking up, Cleaning up, Showing up...
- Impressive clip: for lovers of fascinating, moving music, contemplation and certainly for Zen practitioners - listen to this Heart Sutra presentation by a Japanese Zen-priest-musician, with guitar, drums... (2 min). See and listen here . Form is emptiness, emptiness is form, 'Kan ji zai bo sa...'.
- Here's a video that connects with the theme of practicing our ability to be present, awake and connected with self and fellow human beings, in expanding circles. This is a touching clip with a message of trust: 'Only love can conquer hate', also named the Manchester Hug... made after the terrorist attack in May 2017. Here it is (2 minutes).
- Watch these 'Street Loving Kindness' meditations with Sharon Salzberg. Getting up from the cushion, experience how hurrying in a busy train station can be transformed into relaxing clarity. Three inspiring video's, all less than 2 minutes... see them here.
- A video called 'Zen-cat', nice and touching, about curiosity, openness and contactfulness (1 min)
- Film 'Compassion in action', movie at Buddhist Broadcast Netherlands, BOS, 1 hr, can be enjoyed here.
- Article 'The Buddhist and the Neuroscientist - what compassion does to the brain', read it here.
- Interesting experiment in social science: 'I see you’. Introduces with the question ‘When was the last time you really looked into a stranger’s eyes?' (3 min). Moving, with experiences named like ‘seeing your own vulnerability... your own higher self’, see here.
- Movie about self-compassion and self esteem A TEDx talk, 'The space between self compassion and self esteem', with Kirstin Neff, 19 minutes, in English: click here.
General remark: Open Meditation days in Bergen and Eenigenburg nh are usually presented on a Saturday in the second half of the month March and September.